My crazy cousin has a great blog where she spends lots of time talking about her sweet little baby (http://jellybeanmama.blogspot.com/). Her post yesterday (“It Could Always Be Worse”) resonated because I, and I suspect many of you, have been feeling the chill of recession and tension of questionable job security lately.
So here is my contribution to positive thinking. The 5 things I am grateful for today:
- Friends who have you over for a fantastic (and free) home-cooked meal. Comes with great conversation.
- A home that has a mortgage I can afford.
- Having a skill and a job (with awesome perks like health insurance and coworkers I like) where I am able to help people do the stuff they want to do.
- That the interweb will let me buy all my presents and will send them to me so I can avoid the mall and save a little money.
- My family and the technology that let’s me stay in touch with them (Welcome to Facebook, Lisa!)