You know, when it rains, it pours. I’ve had so much fun over the past few days and have oh, so many stories to share with you! I’ll have to split everything into multiple posts but I know both of you will be on the edge of your seats.
Monday afternoon I came home from work early to do some cleaning (Mom was coming into town that night). I turned on the washer and tried to start the dryer but it wouldn’t quite start and then the laundry room light flickered and dimmed. I was just starting to get annoyed and a little teeny tiny bit worried when I heard the yells and a few pops coming from the family room. My roommate and brother were entranced by sparks and smoke coming from my TV. Then the washing machine starting making an un-godly noise so I opened the lid to make it stop spinning. Meanwhile the TV popped a few more times so I unplugged the surge protector (yeah, I had a surge protector) and roommate and brother managed to lug it near an open window away from the wooden tinder box typically referred to as an entertainment unit.
While throwing open windows and trying to work out what happened I heard a terrible noise from upstairs– loud and very fast clicking. That turned out to be the chain of my fan as it whipped back and forth and hit the fan blades which were going mach-2. The fan was actually smoking and shaking like it was about to fall out of the ceiling. Cool, right? So I went (went = simple verb representing “ran in blind panic”) back downstairs and turned off the power to the whole house.
Curious about what happened next?!? You should be! Stay tuned for a new episode featuring Richard, the electrician, Eric, the Progress Energy guy and the always-popular statement: “you’re lucky your house didn’t burn down”!
Wow! I can’t wait for the further installments of this story! You know, I hear that NCCathi just loves to give away Loud’s possessions… maybe you should come over and do some shopping?